Having a well-proportioned body would feel great, toned body is one the biggest assets that one can possess. Everyone loves to to get rid of skinny legs. Commonly most of the people go to gym centres to make their body fit especially for the upper part of the body but they miss to train their lower part particularly legs because the legs always be covered by clothes and it’s not a fashionable part in the body but most of us do not know that legs are the balance for us to stand or run.
Skinny legs to big legs :
Many men face the problem of having untoned or skinny legs. This is can cause a sense of dissatisfaction within and let your morale down. If your legs are not in well proportion with your body, you can definitely find plenty of ways to correct it out. Few exercises and plenty of calories can help getting over the skinny legs and possessing toned legs to compliment your personality. Changing the dressing style may also help in making your legs bigger.
There are several benefits of leg workouts. Our legs contain huge amounts of muscle tissues and when they are place under a heavy stimulus, they make release of anabolic hormones like growth hormone and testosterone. These hormones are the reason behind the growth of muscle so they need to be focused upon as working out for the legs helps facilitating the rest of your body as well. If you are only targeting your biceps, then a large upper body with chicken legs won’t look much appealing.
How to get fatter legs :
For the leg workouts dedicating one to two days a week can show good results, if you have a good ability, to recover to your leg training. The rest period should be 45 to 60 seconds. This rest period provide recovery to your muscles so that they get a boost to lift heavy weights again. Do not extend this period of rest as increasing this period may reduce the release of anabolic hormones.
Workout for calf muscles and thigh muscles should be taken care of the most. Leg exercises at home can include hamstring exercises, thigh exercises, calf exercises and glute building exercises. By following these simple steps you can definitely get rid of skinny and slim legs. Avoid cardio exercises – The very first step to get good legs is to avoid cardio exercises. These mainly include running fast, power walking and swimming as it consumes a lot of energy and calories of our body and these won’t help in getting bigger leg muscles. You must focus and emphasize more on the exercises that help in growth of leg muscles.
Working out – Your legs carry you every day and everywhere and that is a workout in itself. Almost all the time they are being worked out so for the growth of muscles you need to do high intensity workouts that focus your legs. You will have to work out in the rep range of 15 to 20 reps and undertake 3 to 5 sets each exercise. Depending upon the training that you are currently opting for, you may choose more exercises. As you will be using lighter weights for not stressing your muscles you will be able to undertake leg training two to four times a week and taking one day off between work outs.
No pain no gain – the statement no pain no gain is absolutely valid when it comes to making skinny legs muscular and bigger. During each work-out you must do as many reps as you can. First week should go lighter and you must go on increasing the weights as the week’s progress. Add more weights after the initial few weeks of exercises and work outs. Make sure you know the difference clearly between pain and injury. If you are a beginner and have not lifted weights before then you will have to work in the supervision of a trainer. The trainer will guide and help you to take up the right exercises on the right days.
Different days for different muscle exercise – working out daily on leg muscles helps in getting rid of skinny legs is completely a myth! You don’t have to work every day in a week targeting your leg muscles as this won’t help you grow larger muscles, instead it would increase the chances of getting yourself hurt or creating injuries. Focus on one group of muscles each day and switch to another the next day. As mentioned above the rest period plays an important role in the growth of muscles.
Consumption of calories – this includes consumption of calories but this does not mean eating each and every thing. Make sure you have a diet plan and are consuming calories from only those sources of food which are healthy. While working on building up of muscles you might need a lot of calories for developing them. Vegetables, fresh fruits, salads, beans, tofu, multi grain, meat and eggs, pulses, sprouts and other high protein natural food should be consumed preferably. You should minimize the intake of processed food, sugar, white flour, snacks and junk food as they leave you with a feeling of tiredness and lethargy. Instead you must consume healthy food.
Protein diet – For the growth of our body intake of protein is a must. For building up bigger leg muscles you have to make sure that you are consuming protein in almost every meal you take. Beef, pork, chicken, fish are sources of high protein. If you are not a carnivore you can depend upon tofu, beans, eggs, pulses, milk, curd etc.
Supplements – taking supplements is one of the most popular ways of gaining more muscles in less time. However this should be the last thing you should resort to as natural diet is the best diet. Many people find it very convenient to depend upon supplements to give a boost to their muscles. There should be combination of healthy diet and supplements.
There are many exercises that can help you in getting rid of skinny legs. Some of those are pointed below.
- Barbell squats
- Single barbell leg squats
- Leg extensions
- Dumbbell lunges
- Leg press
- Hamstring exercises
- Hamstring curls
- Lying hamstring curls
These are some more exercises that you can include in your work out for having toned legs.
Must Read : how to get bigger butt
How to do these exercises in the right way :
- Dumbbell lunges: This exercise targets the glutes, quadriceps, and hamstrings. It is to be done with weights which need to be kept on increasing so as to increase the intensity.
- Stand on your feet shoulder length apart and the dumbbells have to be held at your sides.
- You have to take a big step forward with one foot dropping the opposite knee towards the floor.
- Your torso is supposed to be kept vertical to the floor.
- Come back to your original position and quickly step forward with your opposite foot.
- This is to be repeated 15 times then taking a rest period and then doing it another 15 times.
- Giant jumps: This exercise helps in building up power in your legs. All you have to do is:
- Find a ledge to jump onto which should be as high as you can manage safe
- Jump on it.
- Jump off it.
- Ball squat jumps: These exercises are a bit tough.
- Get into the position of a squat.
- Hold a medicine ball in your hands keeping it in front of you
- Jump as high as you can in the air
- Land back in the squat position
- Stiff leg dead lifts: This work out helps you hamstrings and gives bigger legs. You will have to get you barbell loaded with as much amount of weight as you are comfortable with.
- Stand with your feet shoulder apart.
- The barbell or dumbbell is to be placed in front of you.
- Keep your legs straight pick up the barbell or dumbbells and stand straight keeping your body and legs stiff.
- The barbell or dumbbell is to be kept at the level of your thighs.
- Now bend again and lower the weight again to the ground.
- Step-ups: Step ups will give you the burn and pain but it has great results. All you need to do is:
- Go near the steps at your home.
- Stand straight in front of it.
- Step on it.
- Push whole body on the step.
- Step back down to your original position.
- Do the same with your opposite leg and repeat.
How to give illusion of bigger legs :
Bringing a change in you dressing style can helps to get rid of skinny legs. Avoid tight fitting pants as this would enhance your skinny legs. Try wearing baggy pants as this will provide bulk to your legs. Avoid shorts and loose shorts. Shots should not be too baggy and they should be tailored close fitting to your legs. This will make your legs look bigger. You can try all these steps to get rid of your skinny legs and enjoy a better and confident personality with toned and bigger legs.